Monday, July 28, 2008

You may be right....

I may be crazy.

Last night I enrolled in another Graduate School program. This time, it's to obtain my Masters in History. It's a totally online program through a university in Virginia, and I'm doing the European History strand. Farmer and I discussed it, and it just comes down to the fact that I just love to go to school and learn. And, I want to teach at the college level, and I need a masters in my field in order to even get my nose in teh door, to be a lecturer.

But seriously.....I don't have time for this! I know this in the back of my mind, but I just can't wait any longer to study history. I'm not doing any extracurriculars at my high school, and I don't work on the farm during the school year (and barely during the summer), so I will just make time. Thankfully Baby A goes to bed nice and early, so I'll have my evenings to work. Grammy also said she'd help me out with the house and Baby A (she's always looking for a sleepover opportunity) if I get in a pinch and assignments are due.

But besides my time panic, I'm SO EXCITED. Baby A and I did the Excited Polka last night when I was done with the enrollment process. I LOVED college life at UWO, and if I had the choice, I would have just kept going and getting degree after degree. I guess I'm already doing that, just without the dorm life, which I also loved.

So, another new adventure in life. My first class starts on September 1, so I have time to get my virtual backpack packed and sharpen my new #2 pencils. School starts in just over a month!

Woohoo!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be the first to say this--your ambition is great!