Friday, July 25, 2008

Fair Update!!

Yesterday the dish towels were judged. Surprisingly, I placed 2nd. Not too shabby, considering the competition. But you should have seen the 1st place winners. My towels curled up in shame compared to the amazing stitching on them. I'll get a picture of them tonight (yes, 3rd night in a row at the fair....just call me a carnie) and post it up here.

Farmer and I also went to the concert last night. He was able to go in the end, due to a whole bunch of stuff working in my favor and not in his. :) Neal McCoy was great, as always, but we were disappointed in Joe Nichols. He did ALOT of talking. So much so that people were leaving before the show was over. He did sing my favorite (and theme) song, Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off, but in the line "Those pantyhose won't last too long, when the DJ puts Bon Jovi on," which is why it is my theme song (combination Tequila {shot of choice} and Bon Jovi), he didn't use Bon Jovi, he used Bocephus (Hank Jr) instead! Again, I was robbed. There I was, dancing like a fool to the song, singing along, and then BOCEPHUS is said! I stopped mid hip shimmy and threw my arms up in the air. I think Farmer wanted to crawl under the seat. :)

That lovely show was provided by 3 potent Jack Daniels coolers, in Berry flavor. It's stronger than a wine cooler and beer, and very tasty. They normally cause spontaneous dancing when they meet me. Darn you, Jack Daniels.

I should also tell you I was wearing my ten gallon white cowboy hat, with stiletto sandals. What a vision of cowgirl/citygirl loveliness.

But since Baby A is still at her sleep over, it's time to clean the house. Grrrr. Mowing the lawn and cleaning the house in one day is too much maintenance work for me. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wondered if that was you mowing that I heard this morning. And I wondered if there was drinking last night when you said you were "goin' out." Good for you;)