Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Busy Days

We have been busy in CowTown lately. Sunday was spent in a tired haze, not hung over, as one would expect after downing a copious amount of tequila, but just emotionally drained that the big wedding was over. I also spent the day by Grammy's, so Grammy, Poppy, and Baby A could have some bonding time. I laid in the lazy-boy.

Monday? I don't remember Monday, except that I made an excellent roast in the oven, and picked the first of the green beans from the garden. My crops are now in full swing!

Yesterday the whole family went to Farm Technology Days. It was incredible. Over 100 acres of different farm implements (talk: BIG TRACTORS!!!! my 5 year old nephew was in Tractor Heaven) and booths related to farming. I wanted to see it, because it had been over 25 years since it has been in this area, so everyone connected to our farm went. We had a good time. Baby A rode in her stroller and looked around, and was the best baby ever. If and when we have another baby, and it is not an angel on earth, we are going to be a hurting unit. No baby should have been content to ride in their stroller in 85 muggy heat, and remain smiling and happy all day. Amazing. Everyone who stopped us to admire her said they would never bring a baby to such an event.

Today we had a "ladies who lunch" day. My book club met today to discuss "The Nine", which is a study of the current sitting Supreme Court Justices. It was a really good, thoughtful read, and anyone interested in modern history, politics, or Washington DC would enjoy it. We met at a local coffeehouse and I had a great sandwich and glass of iced chai tea. Baby A was a trooper, and went along, of course; she was dressed in her cute ladybug sundress. Dressing up my Cabbage Patch was not as fun as dressing Baby A. We had great conversation and I enjoyed myself. Then, we went to get our hair cut. Well, I got my hair cut. Baby A doesn't have much yet. My head feels much lighter, but no, MarryingtheNavy, I didn't cut it all off. Just a trim. :) I backed off from the full cut.

But I think our busy days are catching up with Baby A. She's been a bear since we got to the hairdressers. Nothing makes her happy. Not even apple juice. I think we may take a walk to amuse her. Or put her to sleep early. She missed a full afternoon nap, so she's just cranky!

Hopefully tomorrow, for her sake, we'll have a quiet day at home.

3 comments:

NavyGirl said...

I can't wait to see the new coif. I'm so impressed that you read an actual book book during the summer - that certainly counts as your intellectual reading for the month. Now you can immerse yourself in trashy tripe and brainless magazines :) (I have a new Real Simple for you when I come home.)

NavyGirl said...

I forgot - I also heart the new layout. Any particular reason for the change?

historygirlie said...

New layout is because the pink got to be.....PINK. Needed a change, but not a fan of the mustard main color....going to try to change that to a lesser yellow.

But you are staying intellectual as well....coif? tripe? you're doing well too. :)