Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Royal Damage Done

I'm normally quite frugal. I don't spend much on myself outside of a cute pair of stilletos from Target, or a cooking gizmo. But that happens quite rarely.

Today....on the other hand???

Farmer's Mom invited Baby A and I to go bumming today because she needed to buy a group bridal shower gift and some other stuff. We had nothing better to do (laundry? eh. Clean? Heck no) so we went along. I also needed a few things, so why not? Well, I don't know if it was because Grandma was along, or I was in the mood, or I was high on life or shrooms, but I WENT SHOPPING!!!! And it was totally unintentional.

First stop: Kohls.
I have the Nasty Dress Wedding Rehersal tomorrow night, and wanted a cute pink top to wear to it. Well, all summer stuff was on 60% clearance, and I found an adorable circle skirt in brown, tan, and pink, which fit awesome. $49 down to $8.80. It would have been a sin if i didn't buy it. THen, I needed a brown tank top to wear with it. Found it on sale (of course, because it was Kohls).

2nd stop: Fleet Farm
This was mainly just supplies needed....scrub brushes for my rust covered showers, little debbie snacks and orange slices for Farmer, air freshner for Baby A's room, but then I found this adorable t-shirt that's pink and has a high heel on it, but the heel is an ear of corn! Under it it says "Farm Girl: Growing Great Corn".....how could I pass that up, since I"m famous for waring heels in the barn????? I thought I needed it for the fair.

3rd stop: TARGET (enter doom music now)
I did SO WELL. only baby food, wipes, and nail polish. WHEW! I was saved! Nothing
extravagant! NO books, NO SHOES!!!

4th stop: Lunch: Chinese in the mall food court. AWESOME!

5th stop: (yes, the 5th) Payless shoes
the PERFECT brown strappies for my Nasty Pink WEdding Rehersal. I heart them. BIG HEART them. :)

And then I made Grandma insist that we go home. The damage had been done. I could do no more. So a stop at the bank and we were home. Baby A did a great job all day in and out of the car. Now we are home and I have yet to unpack the car. (I HATE unpacking the car after things. I don't know why, but I just do)

Otherwise, nothing much on tap for this evening. I must run to the neighbors and perhaps make some cookies.

What a Great day!

1 comment:

NavyGirl said...

Got your message - I love love LOVE that Baby A is a fan of sketchy meat... a girl after my own heart :)