Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's not the heat, but the HUMIDITY!

Whew, it's been warm here lately. A "sweat-through-your-shorts" kind of weather. Now, I'm not complaining, but I just don't care much for feeling like I'm wringing wet all the time. But I'll live....Baby A, on the other hand....

Baby A went to her 9 month check up this morning (no shots! Hallalujia!) and the Dr. said that she isn't rolling over because, basically, she's lazy. I laugh at that, because I know where she gets that from (I too, am not big on moving all the time). But the reason A is on my black list is because she has been getting up too many times at night. Farmer and I realize that is because she likes to sleep in our bed, and if she keeps mumma up long enough, that's where she ends up. She's no fool. She has us trained like sheepdogs. Or those big mastiffs that have the barrel under their necks (my mastiff would have a barrel of daquari's, instead of brandy).

But Farmer and I decided on Sunday that her gig is up. We were going to break her of this habit. So, instead of rocking and walking and letting her camp out in the big bed, we have been letting her cry it out. For two nights now.

She's a stubborn coot.

She SCREAMS. not cries, no yelling, SCREAMS. for at least a 1/2 hour. Which doesn't seem long, but at 2:30 am and there's no way to keep the noise out, we are all up. Farmer is stubborn and refuses to let me take care of her. She can last. WE WILL WIN!!! So, it's now become his job to get up and put the nuk back in and make sure she hasn't become covered in fire ants or accidentially pulled off her diaper...if she's ok, he just puts the nuk in, and leaves. I don't have that willpower. He then comes back to bed and comforts me.

So this adventure will continue until Either Farmer or Baby A wins. I'm pretty sure that Farmer will win by sheer stubbornness. (That's where Baby A gets her streak from)

In other news, not much happening around here. We experienced a small miracle today. There is a Little House on the Prairie on that I've never seen before. I'm a LHOTP fan, and I thought I saw every episode, until today. Amazing!

Ok, off to sweat some more doing some laundry. Hooray!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Farmer's wife,
FDL weighing in with a short story to let you know you are not alone in the 2:30 A.M. screaming dept. Marrying the Navy was just like A, and "the ex" was just like Farmer. The first night, 45 minutes of mother hell! I was put out on the porch (apparently "the ex" did not understand the volume of said child). Night 2, down to 15 min.,and by night 3, asleep in about 5 min. I was a basket case even after because I kept checking for the fire ants/blanket over face/mirror under nose when no chest movement detected. I can tell you this too shall pass, but it really won't make the current evening any easier. Thinking about you, enjoying checking in on the farm life. Ma H.

NavyGirl said...

Now it all makes sense... ;)