Thursday, July 24, 2008

I was Robbed!!!!!

So, last night was the judging at the Cow County Fair. Baby A and I got there plenty early to drop off my goods and chew our nails in nervous excitement. Just kidding. Baby A and I went for a walk around the grounds and I introduced her to sheep, goats, and pigs. She loved the sheep, because I think she thought they were talking back to her (there was baaa-ing and squealing all over) but she sadly wasn't a fan of the pigs. She kept looking at me with a "What the H*ll???" look on her face. We also went through the cow barn, but she was thinking "Yawn. I see these at home."

But then, after an hour of random wandering of the fair grounds (and a hot dog -no bun - later), we got seats for the judging. Here are the results:

Bran Muffins: 1st
Sugar Cookies: 1st
Rye Bread: 2nd (judge said it was too dry and not dark enough....whatever. A matter of taste)
Zuchinni: 2nd place (too big....too big????? WTF!)
Green Beans: 2nd place (too many big seeds in the pod. He didn't know green beans)

AND........

Chocolate Chip Cookies: NO PLACE.

WHAAAAAAT?

I'm known for my cookies. They are awesome. I have special secrets that make them turn out every time. People LOVE my cookies. Last year I took first place. And this year I didn't even place. AND IT WAS THE SAME JUDGE!!!!! I could hardly believe it.

The judge was super skinny....I bet she never eats cookies so she doesn't know a good one when she meets it. I, on the other hand.........

As you can tell, I don't lose well. :) I'm a sore loser. When I go out to do something, (besides dieting) I WANT TO WIN!!!!! Judge, you can shove it up your chocolate chip cookie!

Ok, enough angry rambling. I'm better. :) Today my dish towels are judged, but after seeing the competition, I'm pretty sure I didn't do well. One lady entered dishtowels for every day, and every MONTH in the same batch! Holy stitching. That's 19 towels!!!!! I entered 4 in my batch, and thought I was an overachiever. Oh well.

But overall, I enjoyed myself last night. Tonight is the concert, but I don't think Farmer will be able to go with me afterall. Between his brother's back going out, the hay being ready to pick up, and the normal milking to get done, he doesn't think he can go. This happens sometimes, so I'm not overly surprised....but I am a bit disappointed. Oh well.

I'm already planning for next year's fair.....molasses cookies? Learn to make white bread? Pie?
The possibilities are endless............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You WERE robbed. Those cookies were fantastic--and I know of what I speak!!!