Thursday, June 11, 2009

An Oprah Observation

So, anyone who knows me at all well knows that I adore Oprah. I really think that my personal Motto could be "What would Oprah do?". I've been to see Oprah live (one of my Best Days Ever) and I watch whenever I can.

So, because it's 4:00 pm, Kitty and I turned on Oprah. Today's show is about waste. She opened the show by talking to the audience about how she hates waste and how America makes so much waste. And then they panned the audience. Everyone in the audience was staring at Ms. Oprah with big admiring eyes and nodding enthustically to everything she said.

I realized just then that Oprah could tell the masses to all go jump off the nearest bridge, and I'm pretty sure alot of people would do just that. It's amazing.

I do admit that I am mesmerized by Oprah. I may be one of them that would think...."hmmmm...maybe that bridge doesn't sound that bad...I could go for a swim....." I follow her advice, especially about fashion. NO MOM JEANS! NO TAPERED LEG! (another Historygirlie Motto)

Oprah is my Queen. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to stop listening to her advice....I just found it amusing to see what I look like when I'm thinking, listening, or looking at Oprah. Very funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Her power kind of freaks me out.