Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hitched or Ditched and Sam's Club

So, I just finished watching quite possibly the worst show ever. It's on the CW and it was called "Hitched or Ditched"....basically, the premise is that a long time dating non-engaged couple gets nominated for this show, and then they have 4 days to plan their wedding and decide if they actually want to be married. Most of the time the couple has commitment phobia, and so the 4 days are a rollercoaster of emotions. In this episode, the bride decided ON THE ALTAR if she wanted to marry her boyfriend of 3.5 years.

I thought it was terrible. Yeah, I'm a firm believer of the "Just decide already!" theory, (or as Grammy calls it "Poop or get off the pot") but marriage isn't something that one should just be shoved into. I mean, if these people want to live in "do I want to marry you limbo", then go nuts. But why even agree to go on this show? Why let the cameras in? I know it's all sensationalism, but still. It's (hopefully) the rest of your life!


Aaargh.

But in happier notes, Kitty and I went on our periodic pilgrimage to Sam's Club today. Our Mecca of bulk items. We love it there...Kitty for the hugmongous shopping carts, myself for the fact that you can buy a 1/2 gallon of 3 bean salad and 40 granola bars at one time. Awesome. We also hit up the local JoAnn's Fabrics for all things crafty, and Festival Foods. It was an expensive day. Gulp. Kitty also hung out for a little while with 2 of her boyfriends...AKA 2 of the neighbor boys. They have a mutually exciting relationship. The boys love showing off for her (which includes the ever-flirty "hit yourself on the head and fall over" trick...she loves it every time) and she loves having anyone chase her. The gathering basically consisted of Kitty running around the backyard squalling like a baby eagle, while the boys gallantly rolled over themselves and made sure she didnt' climb up the ladder that Farmer had left in the middle of the yard---he's currently fixing my clothesline poles.

But, to revert back to Sam's Club (I have a migraine and took 3 excedrine migraine pills....things are a bit scattered, and since blogs give readers a small picture into everyday life....well folks, this is how my life works.....) why do people like to buy things in bulk? My whole immediate family adores Sam's....I firmly believe that Poppy (my dad) goes there just to look around at all the stuff. I bet he goes at least every other week, if not once a week. Mainly to buy Feta cheese....I bet we talk about Feta cheese at least 2 times a week. And everytime he goes to Sam's it's a BIG DEAL. Like going to see Santa. I feel the same way. I walk up and down almost every aisle every time I go. Why? I don't really know. Sometimes I wonder to myself....who needs to buy 2 gallons of ranch dressing at one time? Yes, I know...businesses and restaurants and day cares shop at Sam's, so they need to buy in bulk, but really!!??!! the sheer size of some things just amuses me greatly. 10 lbs of bacon! 5 gallon pail of margarine! 3 gallon box of olive oil!!!! 1000 file folders! 10 boxes of pens! It's wonderfully absurd. And I love it. LUV.

So, as I'm sure you're all wondering, what does tomorrow hold for the adventurous Historygirlie and her loyal mini sidekick, KittyCat? Well......I'm going to work more in my craft room----it's known around here as the 6th circle of Hell, because it's always a royal mess, and I want to scrap lots this summer when Kitty's napping---so if I can get another 1/2 hour down there while Kitty's happy, I can get more done. And depending on the weather, I'd like to take Kitty for a walk, and perhaps get some garden weeded. It's terrible, but it's rained so much that everything is mud. not cool. Otherwise, the normal. Load of laundry, empty the dishwasher, read Dr. Suess's ABC's 7000 times.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer about that migraine and yet ANOTHER crap reality TV program.
bring that girl on over--we'll fall over ourselves impressing her so she laughs!

ebs handler said...

Nothing better than an "every aisle tour" of Sam's Club. Been wanting a Sam's Club hot dog in the worst way, so that will have to be our lunch meeting place!