Saturday, June 20, 2009

The muggies are here! The muggies are here!

So, when I was a kid, there was a local weatherman who would say during his forecast that the Muggy family was outside playing, taking a walk, having a BBQ, etc, when the weather would turn thick and hot. For some unknown reason, this theory has stuck with my family. If it's super thick out, I can bet hard cash on Poppy calling and saying..."Gee, I bet the Muggies are out having a picnic right about now." I can seriously imagine my next door neighbors being the Muggies.

And man, are they back in town.

WI weather is back. with a summery vengeance.

Now, I like muggy weather. I would rather be sticky than cold. I hate the Wisconsin winters. But Whew! That first really muggy day is a doozy!

It's like the first sunburn....just have to get it, deal with it, and then the rest of the summer is easier.

Yesterday was that first muggy day. We spent it at the cottage, but of course, the Muggy family also brought overcast weather and sprinkles. Awesome day to spend at the cottage. And today? Muggy again, but sunny and beautiful. Of course.

So, I broke out my shorts (I never wear shorts outside my yard...capris for me) and Kitty's wearing her smallest, least covering romper and we're planning on going father's day shopping in air conditioned stores this AM.

Wisconsin summer is finally here. Hooray!

No comments: