Monday, September 8, 2008

What was I thinking?

Since Baby A is now on the move (and getting faster every minute) I've found myself pulling her out of the most random places. Under end tables. Under the lazyboy. Out of clothesbaskets. Under her jumparroo. Out of corners. stuck in the kitchen blinds.

I've also taken away a garden variety of things from her that she finds. Remotes. Phones. Cords. Tomatoes. Cucumbers. My office chair. Not to mention every crumb on my floor.

I've already forgotten what it was like to have a phone conversation without having to pause to save her or take something away. My mother and sister now automatically stop talking when I start talking over them.

I worried and prayed that Baby A would catch up with the rest of her age bracket when it came to self movement. My overactive mind was picturing the need for rehab or leg braces or something else.

Now that she's moving? I'm praying for 5 minutes without having to play search and rescue.

Remind me why movement is so great????

2 comments:

NavyGirl said...

I say tie a bell around her neck so you can track her progress. Or conversely, string bells around any areas you don't want her getting close to, like how we protect the Christmas tree each year from Ebony ;) On the plus side - think of all the exercise you're getting running and scooping!

Anonymous said...

so you can brag to the other moms that she's walking. seriously! i think that's why i wanted my kids to walk. now i am thankful when they stay PUT.