Sunday, September 14, 2008

Things I've been Pondering

So, for my grad class I have to write a paper on the trends of historiography in either Ancient Greece or Rome. Only a history geek could pull something off like this. So, I've been thinking about writing my paper on Ancient Greek trends in recording history, from Homer's oral traditions through the "Wars Only" history to "Greece is Great!" history, up to the fall of the empire. It's due at the end of the month. Does this topic sound do-able?

Doesn't it sound dull?

Wow.....

**********************************************

how many cheerios can Baby A eat in one day? Lately, she will only eat cheerios.

**********************************************

Why, when there are only 3 people living in a house, and one of them is only 1.5 feet high, can a kitchen counter and kitchen table always be full of junk????? ALWAYS???????

**********************************************

What should Baby A be for Halloween? I must get us to Target to check out the costumes before they are all picked over and she'll have to be a pirate or Bob the Builder or something else boyish.

*********************************************

What do I wear to a family wedding this weekend? I don't want to go out and spend money on a new outfit, but since I was preggo or post preggo last late summer/early fall, I have no dressy clothes that aren't work clothes. I don't want to look teacher-y, but I"m too cheap to get something new.

*********************************************

What should I make for my sister's baby shower gift? I want to make something, but she's uber crafty too, so whatever I make could pale in comparison to something she would.

********************************************

Do I change my sheets tonight, or do it tomorrow night? I"m not really in the mood to do it tonight, but do it after a long day at work? I don't think so.

********************************************

As you can tell, many random thoughts are taking presidence (bad spelling there) over important things that are occuring in life in general, but sometimes you have to give attention to the mundane.


Also, to my few but loyal readers, I plan on starting to post more often now that the back to work exhaustion is getting better. I won't post nearly as often as NavyGirl, (she has a more interesting nomad-like life at the moment, which gives more material anyway) but I will try to be more on the ball. I know your life stalls completely when I don't post regularily.

(That last bit was just a self morale booster. I was just kidding)

(kinda)

3 comments:

NavyGirl said...

Change the sheets tomorrow night.
The grad paper subject sounds excellent.
Baby A should be a cozycow or a peanut (Target.com).
And, my life is not more interesting, I just have no job or responsibilities to interrupt my internet surfing/blogging time. :)

Anonymous said...

Have Farmer change the sheets. Let Baby A wear a green cap with an orange body suit and be a pumpkin. Greece is Great strikes me as a phenomenal working title for a paper. Only magazine homes don't have clutter and piles--or the homes of people with OCD. Truly.
And believe me, the short one? She's make it worse as she gets bigger. Let her eat cheerios. Whatever works, eh?
I heart random-y posts:)

Suburban Correspondent said...

Pumpkin - you can't go wrong dressing her in a pumpkin costume.

Buy the new dress - you're worth it. Go! Now!

If your sister is really crafty, she may prefer raw materials to a finished project. I always give my quilting sister-in-law fat quarters.

Otherwise, Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer had a post (somewhere) about making her own burp cloths. Really easy and cute...

I'm so helpful tonight, aren't I?