Monday, September 15, 2008

Making Mustard

Yes, my bloggy friends, a person can make their own mustard. My recipe is now, with me, 4th generation, and it seriously is the best super spicy mustard EVER. But warning: It's SPICY. Here's the super easy recipe:

1 c. white sugar
1 c. malt ale vinegar
3 beaten eggs
4 oz. COLMANS mustard (can only use this,it's in a yellow can)

combine in a double boiler, beat with hand mixer until thick. Store in fridge.

I just made some of this in under 10 minutes because we are having pork roast for supper and i was needing some mustard. It makes about 2 halfpint jars, with a bit left over. Now my home smells like spicy mustard goodness. Farmer won't like this smell....he's NOT a mustard man. But me? It will be so tasty tonight with my pork, baked potato, and green bean casserole.

(No, I wasn't off work tonight....everything was cooked yesterday)


If you make this yummy old world concoction, let me know! How do you like Great Great Grandma Maurer's spicy brown mustard??????

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good grief--next you'll be making your own marshmallows!!!