Friday, August 1, 2008

Birthday Princess

Yes, today is my big day. It's my birthday. So, in honor of my birthday, I thought I"d throw out 10 random things about me (thanks for the idea, Green Girl!)

*If given the choice, I'd rather watch a NASCAR race instead of any other sport. I could honestly care less about the Packers, unless we are at a party where there's munchies to eat. This could be considered a sin, since I grew up in Green Bay and could see Lambeau field (aka: Heaven) at a distance from my parent's back window.

*I'm terribly afraid of the dark. I imagine all kinds of scary creatures in the dark, even if I'm just running up the stairs to our room after turning out the living room lights before bed. I seriously RUN.

*I knew I had to marry Farmer when I noticed that he always carries a cloth handkerchief. My dad always has one too, so when I saw that, my heart belonged to Farmer.

*If I could do any profession in the world, I'd be a caterer or chef. Someone who people book years in advance to make their fancy foods for parties, and I'd have a show on the Food Network. Look out Rachel Ray!

*A goal in life: Dance with John Travolta. Yes, he has weird hair, but I have a massive crush on him.

*I'm in LOVE with Will Smith. I mean LUV. He ranks right up there with Bon Jovi.

*I hate eating nuts. HATE THEM. the only thing I like is peanut butter. I even opt out of them on top of a sundae. I'll even stop eating Chex Mix if there are nuts in them. That's big.

*My favorite animal is a Pig. I want one and I'll name it Wilbur and we won't butcher him ever. We'll just let him get old and die naturally. I also want a pug dog named Gomez and a goat. I don't have a name for the goat yet. Farmer says that I can get a pig when we move to the farm. But he'll have to be butchered in the Fall. The discussion is still going on about that.

*I named my daughter after the persona I took on while working at Heritage Hill State Park during college. Farmer doesn't know this....I think he'd be creeped out. My character, who lived at Ft. Howard in the 1830's for real and was married to a Lt. there, was also named A. She's buried in Ft. Howard cemetary in Green Bay. I visited her grave when I was working there. I find it neat that I took on the persona of a real person who walked in the buildings that I worked in. Super cool. If anyone knows Farmer, don't tell him this. It's too late to change it anyway! :)

*When I was little, I wanted to be a doctor in the Army. I got the idea from watching M*A*S*H* when I was a kid. I thought their job looked cool. Go figure......

So, that's that. I know there are a few people out there lurking around my blog (Welcome, NavyGirl's family! :) ) so I thought I'd throw a few oddball facts about me. Who doesn't like to know random stuff????

*****

In other birthday news, the DQ cake was AWESOME. super tasty. I'd recommend it to anyone. NavyGirl slept over last night and we stayed up until 1:30 am. That's super late for us...we fell just short of doing each other's hair and playing Truth or Dare. My family also came over last night for cake and presents. I got some wonderful gifts from everyone. It was a nice party. Today my nieces and nephew are coming over this afternoon for more cake. AND.....perch plate tonight for supper! it will be a great day all around.

4 comments:

NavyGirl said...

I still say you had the right idea with "Light as a feather, stiff as a board..." It would have truly taken me back to eighth grade!

ebs handler said...

Happy Belated BD! I'm salivating over the description of the cake! Great getting to know you a bit better, but work on that "in the dark" thing. You don't want to pass that on to beautiful Baby A. What about a potbelly pig? Farmer guy wouldn't want to eat that, would he?

Anonymous said...

Why hip hap happy birthday!
Will Smith is a good pick, I'll grant you that.
Cute about Farmer. Did not know that. My dad is also a cloth handkerchief man. Those were the days, eh? Now "real men" wear hair gel and tattoos--what has happened???

Suburban Correspondent said...

Happy Birthday! And thanks for listing my blog...