Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Busy Days and Random Thoughts

Whew, it's been busy around here! This weekend was the extended family reunion...Sports theme. My immediate family wore Badger clothes, and looked like we were waiting for the 5th quarter to start any minute. My brother and fiancee are both Badger Graduates, so they were decked out from sunglasses to flipflops. I didn't know U of Wisconsin made that much stuff. Who knew? But it was a great party. We played alot of fun games and had TONS of food. Baby A and I also slept over at Grammy's on Saturday night so that we didn't have to drive 45 minutes at the butt crack of dawn to church.

Farmer wins the Best Gift Ever award. For my big birthday, he got me a new laptop for grad school. I've been wanting a laptop for a long time, and they were on sale, so he went for it. I'm in love with it, and adore the fact that Farmer can be watching TV and I can be sitting next to him on the couch doing my homework. Whoever invented these things should get a reward. I don't know if I'll ever use our desktop again. :)

Last week, we had an ant infestation in my kitchen cupboards. Farmer and I scrubbed out cupboards and threw out all open food, and then bug bombed the attic where they were coming from. They still kept coming. This made everyone slightly grossed out, but none more so than Grammy, the lady who's perfume is Lemon Pledge. Grammy decided that we needed to CLEAN my house. She came down yesterday and Monday and CLEANED. I hate to clean. But I went along with it and so my kitchen has been debugged and disinfected, and Grammy Approved. I seriously need a non-Pledge day.

Today, my cousin is bringing her two boys down to visit the farm. We are going to hang out with the calves and kitties, and hopefully get a ride on the tractors. This weekend we are going to be going to the NEW Zoo for our anniversary. Baby A loves animals, so we thought that could be a fun day. We are also going up north on Friday. Great days coming up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Send Grammy my way next time she finishes up at your place--I'll pay her with cookies and little boy hugs!