Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I've found a new workout

Ok, so it's not really a workout, but last night it sure made me sweat.
Ok, you pigs, heads back out of the gutter.

I'm talking about trying to get Kitty to take the Christmas Card Picture. In my mind, I had this awesome Norman Rockwell scene all set up, where Kitty is sitting in her adorable Christmas jammies in her red chair in front of a christmas tree, hugging her kitty. She's smiling and almost winking at the camera. Christmas card perfection.

Instead, here are some of the examples of what I got.....










The first two she was running away from the Christmas tree, which she suddenly got afraid of. Between shots, she was best friends with the tree, but when the flash went on, look out....panic. The third shot she was just done smiling. Finished. Nothing I would do would make her even give me a tiny grin.

45 minutes after we started, I had 9 pictures. I was sweating from wrestling Kitty back into a respectable position. She was irritated with the world. We took some alone time for awhile.....she sat in her crib for 5 minutes alone while I took 5 mintues to wash my face and calm down. I have a lot of patience with my daughter, but last night she wore it all out in one shot. I even told Farmer that I didn't know I was really sure I wanted another baby, as I'll never get a good Christmas picture wrestling both children.....it was either not having another baby or he had to quit farming so he could help me take this darn picture. He thought I was being melodramatic....quit his job for 1 picture???

He obviously doesn't know how important this picture is to me.

Grammy said she'd come down this weekend to help me, but only if Kitty wore one of her Christmas dresses, and not her jammies. That deal hasn't been signed yet....I love babies in Jammies, so we'll have to see.

Maybe when she's 17 she'll sit nice for this yearly issue....but knowing her attitude, I doubt it.

2 comments:

NavyGirl said...

Okay, so aside from the hilarious mental picture I have of this entire fiasco... I also cannot stop giggling and snorting at her hair in the second picture! That coif is priceless :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, next time you're here ask to see the ROLL OF FILM I used up trying to get that perfect picture of 3 year old T and 3 month old B---I've been there and the pain is palpable. Farmer should have absolutely quit his job and hurried home to help!!!