Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Big Birthday



Baby A with her Mumma and Godparents (my sibs)



Baby A is officially ONE. It was a momentus day. A day full of lunch, relatives, presents, and CAKE! A did a great job as center of attention. She had a minor meltdown at the beginning, but that's because I woke her up from her nap and quickly threw her clothes on her because, of course, people were early. But after that, she was all charm and grace. Everyone said it was a really nice party, even though I served strange food (Hot ham sandwiches! Cheesy Broccoli Soup! You would have thought I'd served liver'n'onions) and didn't make the cake myself. Farmer's family makes their own cakes, either a basic sheet cake or a fancy Wilton-cake-pan shaped one. I just don't have time to do one the way I would have wanted one, so I bought the cake. I think they only do it because it's cheaper. I KNOW some of them do it for that.



But I digress.



Baby A got some nice gifts, and some that she's afraid of. Her Godfather (man in Badger jersey in pic) got her a little elmo easy chair, with a GIANT elmo face on it, which promptly freaked her out. She's also afraid of a big pink ball....I don't get that one. Big elmo eyes....yes. Freaky. But a ball??? Whatever. But her favorite gift was a stuffed kitty from Grammy. Grammy went to build a bear and made the kitty, and put in it a sound byte thingie that says "Hi Baby A! It's Grammy! How's my kitty today? I love you!" A is amazed that Grammy's voice is coming from her kitty. We call A kitty as a nickname, so now we have two kitties!!!!

Because she's ONE, the cake was the biggest hit of the party.

This is just the beginning....it got worse

We've found out that Baby A LOVES frosting. LUV's it. She couldnt' get enough. I'm sensing a girdle in her future.

Today, Farmer and I had a date for our anniversary. Our Anniversary is actually in August, but I got Farmer Packer Tickets for the big day, and today was the game. We had a good time. Good weather, good hot dogs, poor defense by the packers.....how much better can it get???


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course she was a hit. She's perfect.

NavyGirl said...

The cake shot is money! You must whip that out when her prom date comes to pick her up ;) Awww... can't wait to hear all the details and drama. Will try to call tonight or tomorrow.

P.S. Your hair looked awesome in that photo - new color?