Thursday, October 16, 2008

Teacher Rants

I don't know what it is, but something today led me to see all the annoying things that teenagers are or do....here's a snapshot:

*sweatpants. really. must we wear our sweats to school every day? Now, I love my sweats as much as the next person, but the farthest my sweats go is to the mailbox or maybe to my neighbors. But these girls are wearing super-sized sweats to school every day! others are wearing them and then tucking them up to just under their knees. what do they think is going on, a flashback to early '90's rap music??? Then, the worst of the worst, the "heavyset" girlies who wear sweats with printing across the heinder. Really? Do you really think that having "pink U" across your heinder is attractive? does no one look in the mirror anymore? No one would ever have worn ginormous sweats when I was in high school....but of course that was 10 years ago.

*hugging in the hallway. I have several couples that are dating in my classes. Probably because I teach two honors classes and birds of a feather flock together....the nerds are dating each other. but I have a few that insist on hugging before class or during bathroom breaks. Then, I see them in the hallways before and after class loving it up...hugging or just standing with the guys arms around his girlie. Or, the best, as I saw today, walkig with each others hands in their back pockets. REALLY???? good lord.

*globs of kids. I was running all over the school today,and every time I had to try to bypass ginormous globs of kids just standing around in the hall, or sitting in the hall with their legs sprawled all over. I had to resort to yelling "BEEP BEEP!!!" to get through a clump this afternoon.

and on a teacher note:

*we now have two teachers who wear extremely short pants. They are truely noah floods....total sock visions. Don't they look down and say "Hey! My socks sticking out and they don't match my outfit at all!!!" Now, I'm no fashionista, but I know enough to make sure my socks are not seen constantly. And if they do, they better match.

Yes, NavyGirl....there are now TWO short pants wearers. You know the first one, oui, but the second now lives in room 7.


But other than this, my day was great. my kids did great work on their history day project and really found some great resources. It was neat to watch the discovery happen. I think this crabby streak is coming from my returning sinus infection. But Grey's Anatomy starts in 10 minutes and I'll cheer up then.


So, readers, Do any of you have any rants from your day you want to share???? Spill them here!

3 comments:

NavyGirl said...

Swear on my best handbag, I had NOT read your post yet today, and I wrote about the exact same topic - Rants! Miles cannot keep our similar brains apart :)

Anonymous said...

somebody really needs her 4 day weekend later this month...

Amy A. said...

I can't stand the wearing of slippers to school. When I drop my kids off I see a pack of girls shuffling in with their furry feet. They just need to show up in curlers to top off the look.