Monday, October 27, 2008

Where have I been?

Well, life on our ranch has been a bit quiet lately, hence the lack of posts in the past week. There just hasn't been anything much to talk about to my friendly readers. But here's a quick update:

*Kitty went trick-o-treating to Grammy and Poppy's house yesterday. She was a hit in her pink poodle costume. Pictures will be coming soon.

*I came up with a few ideas for my christmas cards. Now I just have to find time to make them. :)

*It started snowing in Cow Town today. Nothing stuck, but it was snow nonetheless.

*Kitty started up in her big kid room today. She's transitioning this week, and was in her new room for 1.5 hours. Her teachers said that when she came back to the baby room, she immediately fell asleep. It's hard being the new girl!!!

*WKCE testing starts tomorrow. Our administration told us at our staff development on friday that we aren't allowed to use our computers during the test, as our fingers typing may distract students. I am actually caught up on my grading (amazing!!!) so I don't have much to do for the 3 hours of silence tomorrow. So, I'm going to start working on my christmas cards!!!!

*I made applesauce yesterday, but wasn't able to can it because i never checked before I started if i had enough supplies, and I had no canning rings, so now my fridge is full of applesauce. We better get eating!

*We only have a three day week this week. Huzzzah Huzzah HUZZAH!!!

*We got a new front bay window installed this weekend. Farmer and his brother put it in. Hopefully that will help bring down our heating bill.

*I finally got the motivation to start losing weight in earnest. Not looking so hot yesterday, after looking at pictures of me and Kitty at Grammy's. YIKES. and I thought I was wearing a slimming outfit. Perhaps not.

And, I'll leave you with a funny Kitty/Workout story.

So, tonight I was working out and at a certain point I had to lay on the floor for some leg lifts. Abby had been playing near me and bopping to the cheezy workout music (she's the only person that thinks that music isn't annoying) and when she turned around and saw me laying on my side, she came over to visit. I was chatting with her while lifting my leg, and suddenly she leaned in and grabbed me around my neck for a hug.....that lasted a long time. Her hugs normally last only a few seconds. This one lasted for the entire left leg lifts, right leg lifts, and my ab workouts. She just held on while I switched sides and did my crunches. She seemed to enjoy helping me out.


Ok, so maybe I did have enough stuff going on, but nothing worth a long post. Adios!

4 comments:

NavyGirl said...

I knew it - I KNEW the regime was going to crack down on the computer usage during WKCE. I cannot imagine the biatching that has been going on. Chat soon!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man--bummer about no computers but at least you can grade in the silence.
Mmmmmm....applesauce!
Glad Kitty's making the transition okay:)
I saw the labor going on the other day and wondered...a new bay window!

Rearden said...

Glad to hear that you finally figured out a way to get paid for scrapbooking, just do it at work.

Hi from Maverick

Amy A. said...

Sometimes we need all the workout help we can get!

Lucky you on the new window!