Wednesday, April 8, 2009

They've got the right stuff!

So, last night a 15 year dream came true.

I waited so long. I wished for this, when I was a "tween".

Last night, I saw New Kids On the Block (NKOTB) in concert in GB.

Yes, they are back. And better than ever.

I was a fan when I was in 4th grade. I LOVED THEM. I had posters, pajamas, big pins on my stonewashed jean jacket, shoelaces, fan magazines (TIGER BEAT!!!), but no concert ticket. My mom and dad wouldn't take me to Alpine Valley to see them in all their neon glory.

But Farmer, who enjoys granting my odd wishes, gave me tickets to NKOTB for Valentine's day. However, he didn't want to go, so I got to take my good friend M with me, who was also denied that glorious concert ticket 15 yrs ago.

I was so excited. and The Kids didn't disappoint.

They had the dance moves. they had the harmonies. They had Jordan Knight singing an incredibly high falsetto, Danny's great street dance moves, Jon's quiet handsomeness, Joey belting out "Please don't go Girl" (I'm not going anywhere, Joey, just call me) and, of course, Donnie's Boston Hat and smoking hot abs.

Yes, all 5 guys got even HOTTER in the last 15 years. and now I'm an age that can appreciate the MAN-ness of them. mmmmmm. Yummy.

Don't worry, I didn't hide in their bus and let them take me on the road with them. I'm back in CowTown, feeding Kitty, and listening to my Greatest Hits CD.

But it was an amazing night, full of nostalga and love for a band that I had started to forget.

Thanks, Farmer, for giving me back a piece of my childhood. I'll be Hangin' Tough for a long time.

ed. Note: Don't worry, Jon Bon Jovi....I may love the Boys from Beantown, but the Jersey Boys will always come first in my heart. I'm still Livin' On A Prayer that you'll call me up and take me away. at least for one night. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me you left your jean jacket and NKOB pins at home...

Crystal said...

Just saying "hello" from Phoenix...I got here by way of Green Girl in Wisconsin. ;)

In reading some of your older posts you mentioned something being a Steffek family word. My first grade teacher in Simi Valley, California's name was Mrs. Steffek. Any relation? This would have been back in 1985-ish. :)