Thursday, February 26, 2009

The promised Update

So, the surgery went well. Kitty was a pure trooper. I was amazed that it only took about 15 minutes from the time we handed her over to the nurse until when Dr. came out to the waiting room (which was SO SURREAL.....I've been a dedicated medical drama watcher since ER started in 1994....so having a Dr. come out to the waiting room in scrubs and that head scarf and say "Mr. and Mrs. Farmer??? The surgery went well".....I felt like I was the guest star on Grey's Anatomy.).

She was a bit crabby when she came out of the sleeping gas, but that's normal. As soon as we quieted her down (A big sippie of Juice was involved) and got her out to the car, she was herself. A bit groggy, but she was herself. A big breakfast when we got home (juice, biscuit, fruit, cheese slice) and she was totally back.

We practiced standing up tonight and maybe it's because I'm wanting it so, but I swear I saw a difference in her balance. She was doing so well. No steps (even I didn't expect that) but she was more solid on her feet.

She got crabby again this evening, and at one point (just after getting her drops in her ears) she reared her head back and smacked me right in the nose. I felt like TWP, a friend of NavyGirl's (see the connecting story here). However, I don't think my nose is fractured.

But the combination of faceache, corresponding headache, and tension backache (it was a long morning) I didn't do my exersize tonight.....I guess I'll be exersizing on Sunday instead. I think God understands.

So, we are back to daycare tomorrow, and Mumma's back to work. These days spoil me. I desperately want to be a stay at home mom, and so it's hard to go back to work when I'm home for a random day during the week. It just felt so nice, having lunch with Farmer, getting stuff done during the day, seeing a full episode of Dr. Phil.......domestic bliss. I even got laundry put away.

I'll be sure to update you dedicated readers on Kitty's progress thoughout the weekend, if I can. It's a busy weekend for the Farmer family. Kitty has a sleepover, I have Craft-o-rama, Farmer will be farming......lots of stuff. Check ya later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I trust this won't be a boy-girl sleepover?:)