Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A New Great Word

So, today while discussing the ever important Current Events (some of my kids seem to live in a concrete bunker 15 feet below ground, and after school hours the only outside contact is through My Space...so I feel it's my responsibility to expose them to what's up in the world) a student brought up the Chimpanzee that mauled a woman and had to be shot by police, after being stabbed by it's owner.

NOTE: I was trying to have them discuss the stimulus package....they wanted to talk about mauling chimpanzees.

But anyway....

I realized that the word "Chimp" is a great word.

Say it aloud, friends.

Chimp.

Chimp.

It has great potential. Such as..."You big Chimp!" "You are such a Chimp." and so on.

It ranks right up there with my other favorites...Weiner. Weasel. Dork. Futz. Mixmox (that's a Steffek Family Special...it means things are all mixed up.) and now....Chimp.

There's my deep thought of the day.


Maybe discussing CHIMPS is better than the stimulus package.

3 comments:

NavyGirl said...

Ahhhh... so glad to see that current events has not changed a bit :) The new layout looks nice.

Anonymous said...

I've been fond of "beluga whale." And "spatula."

Suburban Correspondent said...

Did you see, on The Daily Show, they had a whole segment called "Felonious Monkey"? Must have been a slow news day...

Yes, some adults I know seem to live in the same concrete bunker. Stimulus package? Speech? Huh?