Friday, January 2, 2009

The Year In Review---2008 style

So, I promised a year in review of the Farmer's wife life, but yesterday I just didn't get around to it, so here we go!
(ed. note: I stole this idea from pretty shiny....I'm not that creative to come up with this all by myself)


1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
*I managed to get through taking my daughter to daycare for the first time, and didn't need to be committed afterward. It took about 2 months, but I did it!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
*No, I didn't keep my last resolution...it was to lose weight, and I actually gained weight in 2008. grrrr. This year's resolution is to find happiness everywhere, and in that happiness is to be a bit thinner, at least by my Brother's wedding.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! Lots of friends had babies this year. And Auntie Mousie is due any week now!!!!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Thank Heavens, no.

5. What countries did you visit? That sounds like a vacation, which we don't do. :) I don't even remember leaving the state this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A new couch, new carpet in the family room, and a second pregnancy

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? With Kitty growing and learning every day, I have so many days to remember. thank goodness I scrapbook.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? learning to be a successful mom

9. What was your biggest failure? I have yet to fully embrace my life as a Farmer's Wife. Maybe some year, I'll learn to fully love the fieldwork and cows and the amount of time they take up.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I worked my way through Post Partum Depression, and regular depression after that. But I"m fully off my meds and being successful every day!

11. What was the best thing you bought? so many cute outfits for kitty! She's so cute, she needs cute outfits (just ask Grammy)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Farmer's. he dealt with me and lack of feelings and energy this summer with banner behavior. Even though he doesn't "get" depression.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Mine. Sometimes I threw fits.

14. Where did most of your money go? Kitty, Festival Foods, Target. Darn You Target.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? all of Kitty's advancements, the success I felt in my classroom and my awesome kids, when I created an awesome scrapbook page.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "What's New PussyCat?" "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" (Auntie Mousie's wedding....whooooo. Yikes)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder?b) thinner or fatter?c) richer or poorer? all of the above

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? took more time for myself. It would have helped alot.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Sitting on my heinder.....get moving Historygirlie!

20. How did you spend Christmas? with my wonderful family, both small and large.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? I fell in love a little more every day with my family.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Brothers and Sisters. As dysfunctional as they are, I want to be part of that family.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No, I have very few things that I hate...most of them are things like meatloaf. I HATE meatloaf.

24. What was the best book you read? Founding Mothers by Cokie Roberts. Excellent look at the strong women behind the Founding Fathers.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? The morning show on WIXX, a local radio station. Murphy, Maino, and Katie in the morning make me laugh all the way to work.

26. What did you want and get? Oh, I don't know. I had so many blesings this year.

27. What did you want and not get? A second successful pregnancy. We, the doctor, Farmer, and I, tried so hard to be successful.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Mama Mia....I went to see it with some cousin/girlfriends, and our Moms! It was a wonderful evening out.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 29, and a bit freaked out by being 29....it's so close to 30. yikes. But my wonderful Friend NavyGirl came over for a sleepover the night before, (even though we had an ant infestation in my cupboards) and we had a true blue sleepover with lots of chatting and munching. Then, on my birthday, Farmer took me out for fish, and gave me my precious laptop! It was a wonderful birthday.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To have found my happiness a little earlier (like last January) but I'm now content. All is good.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Teacher, who tries to be hip, but just misses the mark. All worn with big high heels.

32. What kept you sane? Medication, Deep Breaths, Good Cries, Kitty.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? by fancy, I picture crush...so, my normal list....Bon Jovi, Will Smith, Oprah (a girl crush....I want to be Gayle King, her best friend)


34. What political issue stirred you the most? Anything with education. This new administration had better fix up NCLB ASAP. .

35. Who did you miss? NavyGirl.....KHS and room 0007 just doesn't feel the same.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Well, I knew her, but I finally got to KNOW her this year...Mrs. Z, my teaching partner.....she's a great lady and someone I can relate to....An ok but not great replacement at KHS for NavyGirl.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. To roll with the punches, and take things as they come. No need to fret about what's not even here yet.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Oh! What a Beautiful Morning! Oh! What a Beautiful Day! I've got a beautiful Feeling!!! Everything's going my way!!"
*I sang this to Kitty every morning while I changed her overnight diaper, and so it kind of became my personal mantra to help get the day started off well.....sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. But Kitty now sings along on the Oh! part. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came over from Pretty Shiny! Hahaha! I'm glad your year in review was more good than bad--you ARE a great mom, and baby #2 will come in good time, and everything wonderful will happen for you in 2009!

NavyGirl said...

What an inspiration :) Despite all the rough patches of 2008, you still came out on top, better than ever. Pat yourself on the back friend - as one of my favorite quotes from a cheesy Disney movie goes, "The flower that blooms in adversity, is the rarest and most beautiful of all." Here's to more blooming in 2009 :)

P.S. I'm totally "stealing" that 2008 recap for my blog once I get home.