Thursday, January 15, 2009

The weather is frightful

So, my un-wished-for cold day is here. I would desperately like to be at work today....not because I don't like being home, but because the end of the semester is next Friday and I'm only budgeted 3 days to teach the entire vietnam war, and now one of those days has been taken away. My Honors kids NEEDED to be at school today. We NEEDED to learn. Even they recognized the NEED for a normal day of school.

But alas. It's -42 with the windchill right now, so Kitty and I are homebound. Which is really ok, because I think Kitty's throat is sore from her cough, so she needs a little extra TLC.

The only kicker is is that Farmer is fairly certain that we won't have school tomorrow either, because the cold is here to stay. So now I'm trying to figure out what we are going to do next week if we aren't in school tomorrow either. They have their unit exam on Tuesday and their cumulative all semester final on Thursday. Thankfully I've made them very aware of this schedule coming up so they can't pull the "I didn't have enough warning!" excuse.

So, now today is being dedicated to laundry and ironing, and watching more John Adams while Kitty is sleeping. Maybe Mt. Wrinkle will be diminished to a small hill by the end of the day!

1 comment:

NavyGirl said...

Yea for John Adams! At least that happiness can come out of your unwanted cold day :)