Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today's the Big Day!

So, I've been pumped since I woke up today. It's election day! The citizens of America are using their constutition-given rights! and.....the ads will be over today! it's great all around.



Being a history teacher, this day gets me psyched. I gave my kids extra credit (which i NEVER do), so if they watch the election results and keep track of winners, they get the points. woohoo! I even made a election themed supper tonight.......mccaineroni and cheese with pork barrel sausage (emeril's AWESOME recipe...check it out here) with a side dish of barack-oli and cauliflower salad. It was a very tasty meal. Farmer thought I was off my rocker, but hey, it was good mccaineroni!!!!

We also hosted a mock election at school...my room was the polling place for all sophomores. I was surprised at how many kids took this very seriously! Hopefully they'll be as serious in 2012 when they are actually eligible to vote.

So, I hope all you readers used your voting muscles and rocked the vote!

*******************

In other news, I got some kinda sad news yesterday. I had an appointment with a podiatrist to have him look at some toe issues. He ended up taking off (and then burning the base of the nail with acid so it doesn't grow back) about 1/4 inch from each side of one of my big toes because they were SO ingrown. PAINFUL. once the local anestetic wore off. It's wrapped up in a huge bandage and I've bled through the bandage.....it's just not pleasant. but that's not the sad part.

He said that I can't wear my stilletos until it's fully healed.....at least 3 weeks.

3 weeks!!! I'm going to turn more dowdy in three weeks without my stilletos! Ok, maybe not dowdy....but I love my heels. I feel thinner in heels.

***************************

Kitty update: Kitty's doing great in her new room. She's adjusting well, but she's not doing so well at only 1 nap. She's fallen asleep at the lunch table the last two days. Oh boy. but she wakes up, gets some lunch eaten, and then takes a 2 hr. snooze. but she loves going outside and playing with big kids. She's getting to be such a big girl!!!


Enjoy watching the election results....I know I will!

3 comments:

NavyGirl said...

Oh my god when I first read the post, I thought the podiatrist cut off your big toe entirely! I was so caught up in the "no heels" horror, that I couldn't process anything else!

Hooray for the sophomore election turnout - and they say the youth vote always disappoints ;)

I can just imagine Kitty hanging out with the older kids, being a cool cucumber. Don't worry - she's still your little baby.

Anonymous said...

Can we parade by the shut-ins with Obama signs now? Can we? Can we?

Kat said...

You sound like a super fun history teacher! I wish I would have had a history teacher like you in high school. I probably would have listened a little better. I feel like taking my history classes all over again now that I am so interested in it. ;)

Oh no for the toe! That stinks! I hope it heals quickly!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreaciate it! :)