Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So, I fell into a pit filled with wild pigeons.....

just kidding. but that story is probably a bit more exciting than what we Farm Folk have been up to.

I wish I was one of those bloggers who can just write about random stuff and make it sound interesting.....I don't have that talent. Hence --> little bits of blogging.

We've been busy around here getting the ranch ready for winter, getting our christmas shopping DONE (yes, you read right....I"M DONE!!!!!) teaching Kitty to creep around the furniture, winning State Football in Mad-town (GO PAPERMAKERS!!!), weaning myself off my happy pills, getting my heinder kicked regularly by Jillian thanks to NavyGirl, attending a weekend long scrapbooking event in Door Co, throwing Auntie Mousie a baby shower, and going to Chili's to try their new chicken crisper tacos (everyone must go and eat them. Awesome in a taco shell)

There you go. that's the update. :)

Today Kitty had a Thanksgiving feast at school, and parents were invited to come eat lunch with their kiddos. Farmer and I went and had a wonderful hour with Kitty and her friends. I give her teachers so much credit at their jobs....they artfully fed 6 1 yr olds a full thanksgiving dinner, cleaned them, the tables, chairs, and floors up, and got cots and kids settled down for naps, all within 45 minutes and trying to work around a bunch of bumbling parents who were trying to get their kids to eat and also take pictures, all while trying to not get their kid's gravy covered hands all over their work clothes. It was awesome. I'm glad I was able to get away from my big kids to see my kitty.

We are gearing up now for thanksgiving. Kitty's all ready to go. Grammy and Poppy's all ready to have Kitty come for lunch. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't notice if Historygirlie and Farmer even showed up.

But, during my absence I've been keeping up with everyone's blogs, and in my lunch time check in, I saw that my good friend and neighbor Green Girl tagged me for a One Word reveal. So, here's my answers:

Where is your cell phone? purse
Where is your significant other?garage
Your hair color? streaky
Your mother? crafty
Your father? kind
Your favorite thing? family
Your dream last night? didn't
Your dream/goal? professor
The room you’re in? family
Your hobby? crafts
Your fear? dark
Where do you want to be in 6 years? farmhouse
Where were you last night? home
What you’re not? awake
One of your wish-list items? cable
Where you grew up? Greenbay
Last thing you did? rocked
What are you wearing? sweatshirt
Your TV? on
Your pet? Mooooo!
Your computer? laptop
Your mood? tired
Missing someone? Jen
Your car? black
Something you’re not wearing? socks
Favorite store? JoAnn's
Your summer? long
Love someone? Yes!
Your favorite color? blue
When is the last time you laughed? Lunch
Last time you cried? Saturday

Now, I tag Navygirl. However, she's hosting the West Coast Thanksgiving Extravaganza starting tomorrow, so who knows when she'll get to this.

But, I hope all will enjoy a blessed Thanksgiving surrounded by those you are thankful for. I am lucky enough to to have everyone I'm thankful for surrounding me every day, either near or far away.....I am so blessed.

2 comments:

NavyGirl said...

You're alive!!!! I was just about to send out a search party :) Hopefully chat tomorrow? Happy to hear all is well, that the KHS football legacy continues, that Kitty is ready to hold court at Thanksgiving, and that you did not actually fall into a pit filled with wild pigeons. Cuz that? Would ruin your shoes.

Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm blessed too--esp. when i think of my neighbors.