Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thumbs Up and Down

Thumbs Up: To today being Judging day at the county fair! I wait all year, Caroline Ingalls style, for the fair to come around. I've got my muffins in the oven and my bread rising. I also am working the fair this year in the Open Class pavillion, so I get to suck in the fair all day today! Joyous.

Thumbs Down: To me being lazy and not feeling like running all the way to Green Bay last night to pick up a jar of The Godfather's corn relish to enter in the fair. I said I would bring it, but miscommunication, and more realistic, laziness and forgetfulness on my part kept me from remembering to pick up a jar every other time I was in GB this past month. Oh well, his pickle relish is also being entered, so it's somewhat ok. But in my defense, I had a bad headache last night and Kitty was somewhat crabby, so the ride looked less appealing every minute that passed.

Thumbs Up: to looking forward to Grammy's birthday party this weekend at Bay Beach! Kitty will be so excited to be back there for more fun and hijinks! And a Picnic! Kitty loves to eat outside...what an adventure!

Thumbs Down: To only 1 more month of summer vacation. boo hiss.

Thumbs Up: To my dr. being super proactive and ordering a bizillion tests to figure out why Kitty is still an only child. He's leaping on this infertility train and said he will figure out why I keep miscarrying. 3 in 10 months is not OK in either of our books.

Thumbs Down: To have to have 7 vials of blood taken tomorrow for these bizillion tests. My veins seem to know when to inconviently shut down, so I'm sure tomorrow will be lots o fun.

Thumbs Up: To the ring bologna I made on the grill last night. My dishwasher is broken, so i've become pretty inventive when it comes to makeing meals outside. Less dishes. So, if you like ring bologna (Navy girl? I'm sure you do..it's like a giant hot dog!!!) try it on the grill!

Thumbs Down: To the lack of rain....Kitty doesn't like to play outside on the grass because it's so dry. That limits our things to do outside. But her playhouse has been brought onto the patio, so she's happy going in and out of that door.

Kitty's Thumbs Up: To having toaster waffles back in the house. We did a much needed Sam's Run on Monday and we now have more toaster waffles in our house. I know I could have purchased them at the grocery, but when you pay over $2 for one box when I could pay $7.50 for 8 boxes, I figure she can wait until I Get to Sam's. But she's now happily eating breakfast...all is good in our worlds.

2 comments:

NavyGirl said...

What happened at the fair?!?!?!? I'm dying!!!!

Yes, ring balony rocks. Grilled sounds even more heavenly.

Glad to know that even though you're a world class chef and baker, you're not too good for toaster waffles :)

Anonymous said...

)))))))))) I to you cannot believe :)