Monday, July 13, 2009

The Big 100! Let's throw a party!

Can you believe it? I made it to 1oo posts!!!

I know I'm not the most consistent blogger in the blogsophere, but it's a good time!

Since i've put in that feed of who reads my blog, I've been shocked to see that I have readers from all over the nation, and the world!!! I didn't think I had near that many readers, especially since I don't have anything real world shaking or madly exciting to write about!!!

So, In honor of this 100th post, I'd like people to just make a comment in my comment form and tell me where you are from and how you found my little blog. You don't have to continually comment on every post---goodness knows I'm one of the worst lurkers out there---but just pop in once and say Hey! We'll throw a little party via comments!

*********
My information for the fair came in the mail on Saturday. We're getting all ready for the big week next week! Woohoo!

********
Kitty has a new word...Elmo. And she's also learning how to beg. She says "Elmo???" in the most sad voice when she wants to watch her Sesame Street video, and she blinks her eyes and pouts. She quickly escalates to very MAD when Elmo doesn't appear on the screen. Other big advancements: She learned what the elephant says and what the monkey does. She's a one woman zoo.

*******
They finished the new silo. It looks very sharp, all 90 feet of it. it's now currently 50% full of haylage...Farmer's almost done with the 2nd crop of hay.

******
Yesterday we took a family trip to Bay Beach. I didn't know if Kitty would like the little kid rides, but she LOVED them. She rode the ladybugs, the train, the cars, the jeeps, and the planes. It was a surprise trip from Daddy, so I didn't bring my camera with us, so I guess we'll have to go back soon. We then went to culvers, where we discovered that Kitty LOVES chocolate custard. She's definitely my girl, and Navygirl's good friend.

*******
We picked the first of the green beans from the garden. We'll be swimming in crops soon.

********
Don't forget to join the Big 100 Comment Party in the comment box....it's lots of fun!

9 comments:

keby said...

I love Bay Beach! We went there every summer when I was a kid with my cousins and aunts and grandma. I have loads of pictures of me on the ladybugs ride. Is that huge slide still there?

Congrats on your 100th post. I'm a college friend of NavyGirlie and we met at her shower this year.

ebs handler said...

Hooray for 100! And good luck with the fair entries next week. Might have to take a little trip north to check it out.

sister said...

Congrats on the milestone! Keep 'em coming...

Just another Navygirl connection - I'm the sister in CA who is a future HistoryGirlie cheesecake fanatic. (Can't wait to taste!!)

Anonymous said...

Way to go HG! I found you and fell in love via NavyGirl and feel a deep connection to your babyraising tales!

FG's latest saying: Dat!?!?!
As in...What's that?

She runs around screaming it and pointing at EVERYTHING until you give each item a proper name for her!

Congrats again!

TWP

NavyGirl said...

Congrats on the accomplishment! Here's to the next 100 entries... keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

100! Congratulations! Has it been that long?
Yay for the silo, the beans and ELMO!

Tessa said...

Congrats! I found you via NavyGirl (who I found via Weddingbee). I'm currently in Iowa but was born on a farm in Wisconsion so this is how I stay connected to my cheesehead roots :-)

Tiffany said...

Hi from Raleigh, NC! Congrats on your 100th post!! We're transplanted cheeseheads in a world of sweet tea, collards and pork. Your blog and Green Girl in WI are just one way we get a little taste of home. :)That and making sure we get two weeks up north in the middle of winter.

Zachary and Jennifer said...

I don't remember how I ran across your blog, but I have been visiting now and then for a few months. I enjoy it a lot, and reading a fellow WI blogger is extra fun. Happy 100!