Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A bloggy hiatus

I just haven't been feeling like writing lately....the summer has gotten super busy lately and amongst all other things, blogging hasn't been high priority. here's a few updates:

*the fair went well. I was happy with my results, and i"m hoping next year I'll be able to enter more items of the craft variety.

*My cheesecake is published....check out this link to get there....and good luck making the recipe if you try it out!

*I'm going to be on German TV! A German production company is sending over their version of Emeril and he's going to tour the USA, going to mom and pop restaurants and visiting cooking competitions. The company contacted the Cheesefest office and asked if they could contribute to the show....the office sent them my name and info, and we've been in "negotiations" for Jumbo (that's his name...he stands 6'10'' and weighs in at 340 lbs....BIG guy.) to come to my home and bake with me. I'm so excited. This will be occuring in the spring sometime. Wahoo! I'm now one step closer to being that witty History Channel documentarian. Just gotta get that doctorate and fancy title from a prestigious university.........

*The garden is growing leaps and bounds. I had my first sauteed zuchinni for lunch...tasted like summer. Yum.

*The new carpet has been ordered and I'm working on emptying the room so we can tear up the old stuff.

That's about it. I will probably keep on hiatus for a while, so for my dedicated readers, dont' expect much for a few days or so. Just so you know.,...I didn't get swallowed into the new silo, just being busy....

Catch ya later!

2 comments:

ebs handler said...

Kudos on the tv gig! I MUST come north and taste the championship cake. There's a certain scrapper in WA who is also a great carpet ripper upper. (Ask me to see pictures sometime.) Too bad she can't get here to help.
25 days until 2009-2010! :(

NavyGirl said...

1. I drooled on my computer looking at your prize winning cheesecake. Even the presentation is amazing! And they interviewed you!!!
2. Hooray for new carpet! Do not take my mother up on her offer to show you photos of me ripping up her carpet. They will scar you for life.
3. Sad about the bloggy hiatus, but I suppose you're forgiven.
4. Hugs and kisses to Kitty!