Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Next Stop: Migraine City

Hello Readers~

I'm back to my precious blog. Once again, it's been one heck of a week or so. Last week we had a lovely funeral for my much loved uncle...my mom's brother. He passed away after quadruple bypass surgery...not the surgeon's fault...his body just couldn't handle that surgery. Uncle D was an excellent man and father, and he will be greatly missed by all who loved him.

But that, combined with the fact that I am barely over (emotionally) my misscarriage, caused my enemy Mr. Migraine come to visit. I've been dealing with a come-and-go migraine for about 10 days now. Grrrr. I've been making faithful visits to the Chiropractor (thank goodness for insurance) and it helps short term, but it hasn't solved it yet. I've taken so much excedrine migraine that I think my body will be permanantly buzzing. I haven't blinked since Monday. Joy.

*******

In other news, Kitty is being Kitty. She's fallen in love with singing songs. Her specialities? Row Row Row and The Itsy Bitsy Spider....both complete with little hand motions! It's just adorable...the first 50 times you sing them in a night. I'm pretty sure Farmer's going to hear me muttering "row row row your boat" while rocking forwards and backwards in my sleep sometime soon. In fact, her first question ever asked was "row row??" She just suddenly one day began saying it after I finished another verse of Itsy Bitsy. You can't say no to a girlie who looks at you with pleading in her eyes, saying "row row???" So adorable.

*******

Farmer has been busy getting all the tractors tuned up for the spring planting season. He's excited. He loves being on his tractors, so the faster things dry up in the fields, the better.

************

Last night was the annual CowTown FFA Alumni Fundraising Dinner and Auction. Farmer and I are faithful attendants each year. Farmer was Mr. FFA in high school, and has served on the FFA Alumni board in the past. Our FFA chapter is very active in the community, and I'd bet it's one of the best FFA programs in high schools across the state. The auction is classic....It's actually a fun night. A traditional chicken dinner, and then there's an auction where anything from tractor grease to alfalfa seeds to strawberry jam to 10 lbs of asparagus to framed embroidery pictures are sold. Farmers are willing to spend big bucks on the most random stuff. Two jars of Strawberry jam sold last night for $15. I know, it's a fundraiser for an excellent group, but STILL! the canner in me had a bird. You could make a bazillion batches of jam for $15!!!!! I laugh every year. I donated a homemade cheesecake a month for a year. It's worth about $200, but it only brought in $85. But overall, most things brought in less money than normal. You could definitely tell that farmers have been hit hard lately by the god-awful milk prices. But the rumors last night were that we'll start getting paid more for our milk. Thank goodness. Higher prices can't come soon enough.

*******

My bridesmaid's dress came in...My sister picked hers up yesterday, and she said that they run small. Oh boy. That's not good. She ordered hers super big because she didn't know what her figure would be after having the baby, and hers fit pretty well. YIKES. I have the distinct possibility of looking like a stuffed sausage. My mum is running to pick mine up tomorrow, so I'll know what I'm up against in the next two months diet wise.

******

Michael Sarver just RUINED "Ain't too proud to beg" on American Idol. It's my favorite Motown song, and he turned it into a Gospel-Give-me-an-AMEN!!! type of song. GRRRR.

**********

I'm excited. My wonderful girliefriend NavyGirl is having her bachelorette party in her hometown, and she'll be having dinner that night in CowTown! I get to go! I'm pumped. It was supposed to be in Madison, and I wasn't able to make it down there. I forsee good times ahead!!!!

*********

Ok......Historygirlie OUT!

3 comments:

NavyGirl said...

1. "Row row" cracked me up.
2. Don't panic about the bridesmaid dress yet.
3. Boo on the low bid for your fabulous cheesecake.
4. Double boo on Mr. Migraine.
5. Fratellos. Thursday before the wedding. You, Me, TWP, Mom, Aunts, Sister, Other fab ladies, and liquor. To that I say - HUZZAH!!!

Chat soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the updates--I'm sorry to hear about your migraines and the cheesecakes. But 3 cheers for Kitty's singing:)

ebs handler said...

Great to see you back on the blog. Sorry to hear about the health issues, but the wonderful baby singing seems like a pretty nice tradeoff. I'll join you in the
"hope the dress fits in May" dilemma. Even hanging my dress in the kitchen hasn't kept me away from the snacks. What next?